Sophia Park is a narrative and game designer focused on creating interactive media about people and technology; the relationship between computer logic and mind logic; and playing and deconstructing nostalgia as an imaginative space.
University of Toronto — Honours Bachelor of Arts
Cinema Studies specialist degree with a minor in English literature.
Dames Making Games — Director (24 June 2017 - Present)
Duties also include chairing the Community Promotion committee.
projects and media coverage
Arc Symphony — 15 May 2017
Development, production, narrative design. Co-created with Penelope Evans.
- Polygon: Arc Symphony is the classic JRPG everyone loves — that never existed (15 May 2017)
- Kotaku: People Are Reminiscing About A PS1 JRPG That Didn’t Exist (15 May 2017)
- USGamer: Arc Symphony is a Very Real, Very Fake Retro PS1 Game That Fooled Twitter (15 May 2017)
- Third Person: The Long Forgotten Arc Symphony (15 May 2017)
- Adrenaline:Jogadores pregam nostalgia por Arc Symphony, clássico JRPG do PS1 que nunca existiu
- VRUTAL: La historia de un RPG de Playstation que todo el mundo venera pero que nunca existió (16 May 2017)
- Boing Boing: Arc Symphony is a Playstation game that never existed. Or did it? (16 May 2017)
- Spieletipps: Arc Symphony: Der JRPG-Klassiker, den jeder liebt - oder etwa nicht? (16 May 2017)
- Nerdist: The Non-Existent JRPG That Everyone is Nostalgic For (17 May 2017)
- Waypoint: A Love Letter to Your Favorite Fake PS1 Game (18 May 2017)
- Warp Door: Arc Symphony (Sophia Park, Penelope Evans) (20 May 2017)
- PC Gamer: Free Games of the Week (20 May 2017)
- Rock Paper Shotgun: Free Loaders (21 May 2017)
- Wired: The Story of Arc Symphony, a Game About a Game That Doesn’t Exist (24 May 2017)
- Dork Shelf: The Shelf, Episode 15: Sophia Park and Penelope Evans on Arc Symphony (16 June 2017)
Forgotten — 31 December 2016
All development, production, and narrative design. Art direction by Arielle Grimes.
- Warp Door: Forgotten (Sophia Park, Arielle Grimes) (3 January 2017)
- Kill Screen: In Forgotten, You’re the Horror Inside the Computer (4 January 2017)
- Kotaku: Horror Game Explores A Corrupted, Glitchy Video Game (4 January 2017)
- Wired: The First Must-Play Game of the Year is Short, Odd, and Amazing (5 January 2017)
- GameK: Forgotten: Game kinh dị với những con quái vật ghê rợn sinh ra từ lỗi máy tính (5 January 2017)
- Der Standard: Kostenfreies Adventure über altes Videospiel sorgt für Furore (6 January 2017)
- PC Gamer: Free Games of the Week (7 January 2017)
- Spieletipps: Forgotten: Das erste kostenlose “Must Play”-Spiel des Jahres (9 January 2017)
- Waypoint: Have a Chat with Dying Gods in ‘Forgotten’ (11 January 2017)
- De Morgen: In deze verloren wereld kun je converseren met gedoemde monsters (12 January 2017)
- Automaton: バグったゲームを調査する小粒なADV『Forgotten』を紹介、私たちがこの世界の企図を知らないこと (13 January 2017)
- Rock Paper Shotgun: Free Loaders (14 January 2017)
Sonic OC 7 - 31 December 2015
All development, production and narrative design.
collaborative work & consultation
Anthrotari - 16 June 2017
Provided narrative design consultation. In development by Biggest Robot Productions.
The Eldritch Teller - 22 December 2015
Served as producer and provided design consultation. Designed and developed by Arielle Grimes.
Dames Making Games: July 2017 Social - 15 July 2017
“Do you know Arc Symphony?” with Penelope Evans.
Dames Making Games: January 2017 Social - 21 January 2017
“About Forgotten: A Presentation in Two Parts” with Arielle Grimes.
Toronto Comic Arts Festival - 13-14 May 2017
Showed Forgotten and previewed Arc Symphony as part of the Comics X Games Arcade.
Toronto Long Winter - 24 March 2017
Showed Forgotten as part of the Hand Eye Society Arcade.
Dames Making Games (2015 - present)